Blending fruits and veggies is better than juicing, in my opinion I shared in my previous blog Juicing isn’t a good thing.
Here is my go-to smoothie recipe. It’s not too sweet, it’s creamy, and it’s filling.
1. Soboku Smoothie
Ingredients (for a 16oz mason jar)
- 1C frozen fruit
- enough water to cover the fruit in the jar
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1/4 pkg of tofu
- Measure all in the jar you’ll drink out of.
- Add to your blender and blend until smooth.
- If using fresh fruit, add more fruit, swap out some water with ice cubes
- This isn’t very sweet. If you want more sweetness, use apple juice instead of water.
2. Soboku Smoothie Bowl
- make 1/2-2/3 of the above recipe. Pour into your favorite bowl.
- Top with anything you may have in your kitchen and garden that sounds good
- dried nuts and fruits
- fresh fruits
- edible flowers
A recipe is just a guide
Lidia Bastianich, one of my favorite chefs on PBS, tells us to use what’s available and what sounds good to you. Enjoy seasons with fresh fruit when they are inexpensive during peak season. I like my smoothie room temp when using fresh fruit. Seems like I can taste the ingredients better.